Web lists-archives.com

Re: Re: USB wireless keyboard in stretch

Hi Alle,
thanks for sharing the solution!

Sincerely
Zoltán

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for all your suggestions

I looked at the .xcfe logs but they did not mention the keyboard or mouse.
Also, xfce4-goodies was already installed

Touching wood it seems the problem is fixed now.
Following
  http://tutorialforlinux.com/2017/01/18/how-to-switch-from-gnomegnome3-to-xfce-desktop-on-debian-8-jessie
I set up XFCE with the slim display manager.
That made the keyboard and mouse work again -- I think something had gone wrong in the lightdm configuration.
After that I removed and re-installed lightdm and can now start that again with mouse and keyboard as well.

Not sure what was wrong which is a bit of a shame.
Good to have it working again though...