Web lists-archives.com

Re: Thunderbird almost unusable after upgrade

On 08/12/2017 07:32 AM, Javier Barroso wrote:
On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 5:49 AM, Jape Person <japers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/11/2017 06:27 PM, Javier Barroso wrote:

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 9:43 PM, Sven Hartge <sven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@xxxxxx> wrote:

On 2017-08-10 10:24 -0400, Jape Person wrote:

After this upgrade

thunderbird:amd64 (1:52.2.1-4, 1:52.2.1-4+b1)

Thunderbird in Cinnamon DE is almost completely useless because
portions of its windows / text / toolbars don't repaint until the
window is resized. Is anyone else seeing this?

Yes, see https://bugs.debian.org/871629.

Confirmation: Rebuilding 1:52.2.1-4 with gcc-6/g++-6 as the compiler
fixes the problem.

You can also download thunderbird and its addons from
http://snapshot.debian.org/package/icedove/1%3A52.2.1-4/, selecting
your architecture

See what packages have you installed from icedove them:

   aptitude search '?and(?source-package(icedove),?installed)'

Download to Download/icedove and install with apt install

I was just getting frustrated enough to do the recompile. Ugh. I'm old, have
poor eyesight, and was not anxious to do that while recovering from

I'll give it a shot.

Thank you much for the reminder. I used to love to do things the hard way,
but that's not my thing any more. Just spent today doing a system
installation and configuration for a system that lost a solid state drive.

It is solved in sid now (maintainer rebuild it with gcc 6)

Better the maintainer than me!

I'm very lazy these days. Speaking of which, thank you again.