Web lists-archives.com

modifying debian installer image

I have downloaded debian netinstaller:

I have unpacked the image, and I was looking around to try to understand
how it works. I assumed, there was some config file with a list of all
the packages that are going to be installed.

I would like to modify that list, and replace systemd with sysvinit-core.

I don't see any such package list in the installer, and I could not find
much information on how the installer works.

Could somebody please help me understand, where the installer gets the
list of packages it installs ? And how I can change that list?

PS: I know I can remove systemd and install sysvinit-core *after* the
installation. But I am trying to avoid installing systemd and then
removing it. I would like to install sysvinit-core right away.

I am also using preseeding for installation, but as far as I know, this
cannot be achieved with preseeding alone.