Web lists-archives.com

changing the ethernet interface name

After installing stretch 9.1, I discovered that some programs were not
working because the interface name was enp0s31f6 instead of eth0.
This would not be a problem if these programs reported this error in their log file,but it not the case(for example with minidlnad)
I then tried to change this name, following the recipe in the debian manual

    In order to ensure each network interface to be named persistently
    for each reboot using MAC address etc., there is a rules file
    "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules". This file is automatically
    generated by the "/lib/udev/write_net_rules" program, probably run
    by the "persistent-net-generator.rules" rules file. You can modify
    it to change naming rule.

None of these files:
are present on my system, and I don't know how to get them
It's curious that the author of the manual himself is not sure Does anybody know how to to fix that.

best regards,
Pierre Frenkiel