Re: Network config
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 20:10:23 +0200
- From: Pascal Hambourg <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Network config
Le 02/08/2017 à 16:19, Greg Wooledge a écrit :
1) Make sure the Debian "resolvconf" package is *not* installed.
You should reconsider this advice. resolvconf may be your best ally to
handle such a situation.
3) I have utterly no idea how Network-Manager works
Me neither, but I know one thing : it overwrites /etc/resolv.conf
*unless resolvconf is installed* and properly configured.
5) Some DHCP servers send back a list of nameserver IPs even if you don't
ask for them. The ISC DHCP client daemon *will* overwrite resolv.conf
if it receives them.
*Unless resolvconf is installed* and properly configured.