Debian 9 running (extremelly) slow
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 12:30:53 +0300
- From: Alexandru Iancu <alexandru.iancu@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Debian 9 running (extremelly) slow
It seems to me as every binary take longer to execute.
Initially, I asked what could have caused this here: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/382193/debian-9-vs-8-7-installer
Hello everybody,I'm using Debian 8.9 on my old laptop(https://h10057.www1.hp.com/ecomcat/hpcatalog/specs/provisioner/05/GA009ET.htm). It is running fast(as Debian always used to run). I upgraded to 9.0(and later to 9.1) but it started to run slow so I did a fresh 9.1 install(home is on a different partition) but since the start is running extremely slow(including the installer).
Looking at changes between versions(8 and 9) ASLR seems like something could affect large number of/every executable but according to this article: https://insights.sei.cmu.edu/cert/2014/02/differences-between-aslr-on-windows-and-linux.html the penalty should not be more than 25%.
Not sure if, in my case, this security feature is causing everything to be (if I'm not exaggerating) 100% slower but is it possible to disable this security feature ?
- Prev by Date: Re: determining which apps have entries in the applications menu in xfce
- Next by Date: Redmine on server in DMZ
- Previous by thread: determining which apps have entries in the applications menu in xfce
- Next by thread: Re: Debian 9 running (extremelly) slow