Web lists-archives.com

Re: debootstrap error with dvdrom install

On Sat, 29 Jul 2017, Dejan Jocic wrote:

On 29-07-17, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
I'm trying to install Stretch on a Lenovo laptop with the KDE dvdrom and
each time I get the error:
  debootstrap error. Unable to find the codename for release

I saw a lot of posts about this error, but they were all related to a usb install, but one.
This one said he left the install in standby for several hours, but this is not my case.
So, I don't know what to do. Has anybody an idea?

best regards,
Pierre Frenkiel

Do not use live images for install. Those are bit flaky, especially KDE
one. Use net install, or regular install image.

 thanks for this information. I can't use net install, as it would need 4 or 5 firmware files.
 The only iso file without netinst  I found was xxx-xfce. I'll then try with this one.

best regards,
Pierre Frenkiel