Re: Choose between amd64 and i386
- Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 09:38:09 -0500
- From: Richard Owlett <rowlett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Choose between amd64 and i386
On 06/10/2017 08:41 AM, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Pascal Hambourg <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Le 07/06/2017 à 10:33, Rodolfo Medina a écrit :
Some months ago I tried many times to install Debian on my Debian
Acer One ...
Did you try all combinations of the following ?
- BIOS/legacy boot mode or EFI boot mode
- text-mode install or GUI install
- 32-bit install or 64-bit install
Then I try to reboot with power button but the machine remains
for many hours in that state... Then after many hours it turns off...
I am NOT familiar with any Acer product. However, there is a useful
feature in my assortment of Lenovo laptops and one desktop. It might be
described as a "panic stop". It is triggered by pressing and holding the
power button. It is *BRUTE* force and regularly causes Debian to run a
disk diagnostic on the next boot. You might check Acer documentation or
user group for a similar function.