Re: Downgrading specific packages with apt
- Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 12:43:02 +0200
- From: Hans <hans.ullrich@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Downgrading specific packages with apt
I made best progress by using aptitude. However, you have to look at the
How to handle:
- Start aptitude with ncurses gui.
- Mark the required to the former available version.
- Look at the dependencies, you my have to set the dependend libs also to
- double check, if all dependencies are fullfilled
Hint: Synaptic offers an option, to save all installed packages with versions
in a file. Thus you can reinstall your package state to a further time. Note,
that of course the package version have to be still in the repo.
You can also save the state of all packages with dpkg if you can not use
synatic (i.e. on a server without X), but as far as I know, the version is not
been saved with (someone may correct me, if I am wrong here and the version
can be saved, too).
Hope this helps.