Re: Choose between amd64 and i386
- Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 20:11:09 +0200
- From: Pascal Hambourg <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Choose between amd64 and i386
Le 07/06/2017 à 10:33, Rodolfo Medina a écrit :
Some months ago I tried many times to install Debian on my Debian Acer One
(tablet and laptop together) but always failed. I used
debian-8.7.1-amd64-netinst.iso. Now we have debian-8.8.0-amd64-netinst.iso.
Are you suggesting a different iso file?
Same problem also with this iso image: at the beginning the machine seems to
boot into the Debian Installer menu, but when I enter it the screen becomes
unreadable and all sticks and I have to restart the machine.
Did the installer start in EFI or BIOS/legacy mode ?
The installer boot menu tells when started in EFI mode.
Did you try all combinations of the following ?
- BIOS/legacy boot mode or EFI boot mode
- text-mode install or GUI install
- 32-bit install or 64-bit install