Re: Automatic updating links?
- Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 18:42:50 +0000 (UTC)
- From: davidson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Automatic updating links?
On Tue, 6 Jun 2017, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Greg Wooledge <wooledg@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 06:41:03PM +0100, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
also need that, when renaming the target file, the link would automatically
change its name so that it keeps equal to the target's name... Is this
Totally possible. Write a library of functions with functions that
1. perform the hard link manipulations you need
2. update a database that tracks, for each media file, its
Then just use your new functions to manipulate your a/v media files.
No. Not without exhaustively searching the file system to find the
other links and rename them, and that would have to be something you
do manually, *not* automatically triggered by a rename.
What are you actually trying to do?
I'm making a musical mp3s library. So I have, say, the following directory