Web lists-archives.com

Re: Exim4 problem? solved- just for completeness.....

On 14/04/2017, deloptes <deloptes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Charlie wrote:
>
>> /var/log/exim4/paniclog has non-zero size, mail system possibly broken
>
> This is common for exim .
> 1. check the paniclog
> 2. take actions if needed based on 1.
> 3. remove paniclog
> 4. proceed with restart
>
> it has nothing to do with systemd. it is exims "normal" behavior
>
> regards

Tried to install exim4 again, same error message came up.

Using synaptic, purged exim4
Then did a normal update upgrade without error. Then rebooted to
ensure everything was working as it should.

The boot messages complained "failed" to find exim4 and all that sails
in her. But otherwise it's all good. I think I won't bring exim4 back
in for a while. I am not pleased with it's normal behaviour, and this
system needs to be reinstalled anyway.

Thank you Songbird, Delopes and Joe for your help. It's much appreciated.

Be well,
Charlie