Re: Mail Confusion
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 19:47:24 -0000 (UTC)
- From: Dan Purgert <dan@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Mail Confusion
> Am Donnerstag, 13. April 2017, 15:47:07 CEST schrieb Dan Purgert:
> Hi Dan,
>> How are these computers connecting to the mailserver? If it's IMAP, the
>> client and server will resync when the client connects ... so if your
>> oldPC last sync'd a month ago, it'll take it a while to validate what
>> it's supposed to do with the (now deleted) messages that it still sees
>> as 'new' since the last time you sync'd.
> no, it is POP3.
It should then either
(1) remove messages as soon as they've been retrieved OR
(2) mark them in such fashion that they're then deleted later (e.g. on
RFC1939 describes how POP3 behaves. Gave it a quick skim, and it seems
that §6 (pg.9) may have some relevant information for you.
 - https://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1939.txt
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947
|_|_|O| Github: https://github.com/dpurgert
|O|O|O| PGP: 05CA 9A50 3F2E 1335 4DC5 4AEE 8E11 DDF3 1279 A281