Web lists-archives.com

Re: Problem after dist-upgrade and dpkg install -f (Probably nvidia packages related)

I switched to init 1. I performed a dkpg --configure on the lib11 etc but it did not work.
Then I decided to try remove the packages one by one:
dpkg --purge nvidia-glx: succes
dpkg --purge nvidia-driver: succes
dpkg --purge xserver-xorg-video-nvidia: succes with messages among which:
update alternatives: warning: forcing reinstallationof alternative /usr/lib/nvidia/current because link group nvidia is broken
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.16.0-4-amd64
dpkg --purge libg11-nvidia-glx:amd64 with message:
dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove package which isn't installed

I initiated init 6 logged in then logged out and all seems well. Thanks for the advise or removing the packages one by one.

But what am I missing now?

Kind regards.

Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!

12. Apr 2017 20:45 by hans.ullrich@xxxxxxx: