Web lists-archives.com

Cannot enable Emulate3Buttons in stretch

I have installed (for the first time) Debian Testing (stretch) on my
laptop and tried to enable Emulate3Buttons for my 2-button Kensington
trackball. I tried a lot of solutions I found by searching but none
seems to work. I have the same problem on my desktop computer, after
upgrading my existing installation of Void Linux. The emulation used
to work before the upgrade, which I beleive installed the latest
version of X.org server.

I could not get any help on the Void Linux forums and this is why I

installed Debian on the laptop - but no luck. Its obvious that the new
version of Xorg either does not recognize the relevant options for
setting up Emulate3Buttons or perhaps support for this is disabled by

I really need 3rd button emulation, so will be greatful for any tips.

My thanks in advance!

Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ