Web lists-archives.com

Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

Joel Rees:
> kAt, write a novel.
> My dad used to tell me, if I wanted to change things, I'd have to
> change them from the inside. It's a poor expression of the principle
> because you can't get "inside" far enough without X, Y, or Z, and they
> all make it very difficult to change things once you are inside.

Once you are inside you are too pre-occupied in protecting what you are
inside of.  Change will never come from inside.

> On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 21:11:30 -0500
> David Wright <deblis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> BTW I was surprised not to see mention of the Ken Thompson hack
>> in what I snipped.
> Old stuff. I'd expect every significant compiler on the planet to have
> been compromised by one government or another long ago.

It makes no longer a difference, or is it worthwhile to distinguish,
between corporate and gov.  It is one long chain of domination, no
borders, no nations, no private/public separation.  One huge system of
control.  But minds can unplug themselves of the system of illusion.
There should be no need for security in a free world/system.  Isn't this
where unix started from?  No locks, no doors, no borders.  Instead we
are preoccupied in drawing 2 dimensional limits under the eye in the 3rd

Multilingual wikipedia is probably the only thing worth saving from this

 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG

"Who died and made you the superuser?"  Brooklinux