Re: Possibly erroneous "device not present" message during boot
- Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 08:39:23 -0400
- From: songbird <songbird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Possibly erroneous "device not present" message during boot
Richard Owlett wrote:
> THE SYMPTOM:
> When I got home and booted to the SD card I noticed a message appeared
> for ~10 seconds reporting that a device was not found giving the UUID of
> the SD card.
> I verified the UUID by checking the fstab file and by using gparted.
> THE QUESTION:
> Do I have an actual problem?
> What should I be checking?
- the bios may not be set correctly to find
- you may have changed it but not saved it (ditto
on the partition table).
- you may have the root/boot partitions in
fstab wrong (i never use UUIDs but make partition
labels instead and use those).
- error in preseed file which put something in
a different location than intended.
- grub may not have done what you expected.