Excel shared spreadsheets on samba file server
- Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 14:29:39 -0300
- From: Dante F. B. Colò <dante01010@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Excel shared spreadsheets on samba file server
I 'm trying to find what it happens on my Samba AD servers especially with shared spreadsheets, my personal opinion this feature on Excel is crap and unreliable but many people use it, how does Samba currently behave with this ? Is someone experienced any problem with this ? Frequently happens changes made by other user are lost the spreadsheet opens as read only , the shares are all using vfs_acl_xattr module to mimic NTFS permissions, clients are all windows machines versions 7 and 10 , i upgraded samba 4.3.11 to 4.5.7 but both have the same behavior. Any ideas ?
- Prev by Date: Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...
- Next by Date: Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...
- Previous by thread: [Stretch, 9.0] Installation failed to install net-tools (from scratch installation)
- Next by thread: Excel shared spreadsheets on samba file server