Re: GPU advice for Debian stretch?
- Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 22:18:49 +0100
- From: Martin Read <zen75502@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: GPU advice for Debian stretch?
On 05/04/17 18:25, Joshua Schaeffer wrote:
If you are looking for an exact answer of "Card /XYZ/ works in Debian
Stretch with package /ABC/" then I don't have an answer for you. Could
you provide a little more detail about your requirements, like what you
plan to use the card for. Do you do any video editing, gaming, movie
playback, multi-monitor support, etc? Also, what is your price range?
Are you sold on using AMD? Any physical size requirements of the card?
* Provides a decent frame rate and scroll/zoom smoothness for _Europa
Universalis IV_ and _Stellaris_.
* Costs less than £100 absolute maximum.
* Has good software support in Debian stretch-with-nonfree
Don't care about the chipset vendor, and size is not particularly an
issue. Going by other remarks in this thread and double-checking the
advertised requirements of the games, it sounds like a GeForce GT 710
might well be sufficient for my desires (and I can get one by internet
mail order for under £50 inc. delivery e.g.
Anything that *needs* more GPU than that probably also needs more CPU
than I've got.