Re: Wan/Lan problem
- Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 09:47:44 -0400
- From: rhkramer@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Wan/Lan problem
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 05:11:25 PM Mike McClain wrote:
> The problem I have with your solution is that the Win2K box is not
> behind the firewall I have running on the Linux box.
> Thank you for your thoughts.
I think Henning, in a later post, may have identified the problem in your
Still for posterity, I'll mention a few things:
* I don't know what you have in your firewall, but I think (but am not sure)
that most routers can do firewalls
* And a router like the EdgeRouter from Unity has an underlying (and
accessible) Debian OS (6.n) so maybe your firewall rules could be moved there.
* I don't use firewalls, I use NAT (which has a few variations) and an
/etc/hosts files which basically ignores a large number of spammy websites (by
resolving the host name to 0.0.0.0).
Good luck, I hope Henniing has identified the problem!