Web lists-archives.com

Re: udev doesn't like systemd-shim

On 03/22/2017 10:05 PM, David Griffith wrote:

I switched to sysvinit by following the directions at
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_remove_systemd_from_a_Debian_jessie/sid_installation

This seemed to work until I tried to install sshfs whereupon I got this:

E: /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/udev failed with return 1

Poking around, I found that /usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/udev
contained references to systemd.  Re-adding systemd-shim didn't help.

Over in #debian-next@xxxxxxxxxxxx, I was told that I need to upgrade the
packages udev and libudev1 to version 232-19, 233-4, or 233-5 because
the existing package doesn't support systemd-shim.

Is someone working on getting this into Stretch before the official
release?

Hi,

This is from Debian upstream just over a month ago and how to run an init system, these packages are in Stretch and maybe in Jessie too now, but I haven't checked.

On 02/13/2017 06:23 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> The relevant binary packages are these:

  bootlogd_2.88dsf-59.9_ARCH.deb
  initscripts_2.88dsf-59.9_ARCH.deb
  sysv-rc_2.88dsf-59.9_all.deb
  sysvinit-core_2.88dsf-59.9_ARCH.deb
  sysvinit-utils_2.88dsf-59.9_ARCH.deb

Before your patch: # cat /proc/1/comm
systemd

After your patch: # cat /proc/1/comm
init

I've done the above without problems on a few systems, you can't get rid of systemd without problems, but you can run an init system without problems.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Stretch - Plasma 5.8.4 - EXT4 at sda11
Registered Linux User #380263