Installation issues - Synaptic/packaging bugs and/or confused operator
- Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:04:44 -0600
- From: Richard Owlett <rowlett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Installation issues - Synaptic/packaging bugs and/or confused operator
I don't have I would call a succinct problem description.
I will list chronologically what I did with what DID NOT happen that
"should" have happened.
1. I have been attempting to use multistrap. I have suspicions that I
have configuration problems. This is not the subject of this thread, but
only stated for context.
2. I used Synaptic's search function to find multistrap related
packages. The only one that came up was libconfig-model-perl. It's
description and homepage [https://github.com/dod38fr/config-model/wiki]
had at least a partial solution to my problems. They said it had a
configuration model and editor for multistrap.
3. I installed it. The Synaptic description had said it provided (or
could provide) a graphical user interface (with
libconfig-model-tkui-perl). Checking showed that
libconfig-model-tkui-perl had been installed. *NOTHING* had shown up in
any MATE menu. Further checking showed that *NEITHER* Tk *NOR* Tcl had
been installed. I installed both. *NEITHER* showed up in any menu. I can
execute tclsh8.6 in a MATE terminal. I haven't used Tcl/Tk in quite a
while and will have to go to my Windows machine to refresh my memory on
how Tk is launched.
How do I use libconfig-model-perl to configure multistrap?
What additional information is needed to resolve my problems?