Web lists-archives.com

Re: upgraded config files in /lib/systemd/system

Am 05.03.2017 um 20:47 schrieb Harald Dunkel:
> On 02/28/17 15:23, Dominique Dumont wrote:
>> I don't understand why a change in /lib/systemd/system should trigger a conflict warning.
> A unit file provided by the package maintainer might introduce new
> dependencies, for example. Maybe an ExecStart or ExecStop script has
> been changed, or there are new/different command line options.
> I don't think that conflicts between the user's old modified unit
> files in /etc and the new packages unit files are easy to avoid.

Keep in mind, that in most cases you don't need to override the package
provided service file completely by making a full copy of it in

You can extend/override individual bits via drop-in files (e.g. adding
additional dependencies/orderings). For a service foo.service you create

The name is arbitrary, you just need to make sure it has a .conf extension.

Fwiw, systemctl edit (--full) foo.service can help you with that

This is new in stretch, jessie's systemctl doesn't have that yet.

universe are pointed away from Earth?