Debian 8 After Restart Speakers Only Hiss
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 15:25:05 -0500
- From: "Stephen P. Molnar" <s.molnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Debian 8 After Restart Speakers Only Hiss
This has happened before after a OS reinstallation, but this time I can't seem to diagnose the problem.
Her's some information about the system: root@AbNormal:/home/comp# cat /proc/asound/cards 0 [SB ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB HDA ATI SB at 0xfe300000 irq 16 1 [NVidia ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia HDA NVidia at 0xfe080000 irq 25 2 [U0x46d0x807 ]: USB-Audio - USB Device 0x46d:0x807USB Device 0x46d:0x807 at usb-0000:00:12.2-4, high speed
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GF119 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)
Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] Device 809f Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 25 Memory at fe080000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K] Capabilities:  Power Management version 3 Capabilities:  MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+ Capabilities:  Express Endpoint, MSI 00 Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intelI have Master, Headphone, PCM, Front, Front Mic, Surround, Center, LFE, Side, Line-in and line Boost selected in the Audio Mixer - HDA ATI SB (Alsa mixer) selected and turned on.
The hissing is also present if I have headphones plugged in. Suggestions for solutions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. Life is a fuzzy set www.molecular-modeling.net Stochastic and multivariate (614)312-7528 (c) Skype: smolnar1
- Prev by Date: Re: No sound-inputs but sound recording FMIT
- Next by Date: Re: A minimal relational database in Debian
- Previous by thread: Fwd: Which of C compiler must be downloaded for wine -2.2 ?Fwd: comparsion of usability wine 2.0 2,2 &
- Next by thread: HELP - windows disappear completely when minimized