Web lists-archives.com

Re: Cepstral swift and Debian Stretch

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 01:32:39PM +0100, tomas@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 06:52:56AM -0500, Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:
> > My comment below:

> > > [took the liberty to fix top-post]

> > > How did this swift.bin arrive to your disk? (I mean: download, unpack,
> > > etc.)
> > >
> > > Suspecting some corruption along the way (e.g. line-end transformation
> > > by text mode in ftp, some (un)packer or similar).
> >
> > The Cepstral was obtained from a direct link to www.cepstral.com which
> > support gave me, via wget. There was an earlier package that was in
> > fact first downloaded to a Windows machine and then moved to Debian,
> > but while Windows unzipped it without changing its name, it eventually
> > produced the error I am now getting with the directly downloaded
> > package. BTW, I failed to show the output of file for the symlink,
> > which looks like this:
> >
> > /usr/local/bin/swift: symbolic link to /opt/swift/bin/swift
> >
> > I notice that it does not point to swift.bin, but to a directory
> > containing it.
>
> Is /opt/swift/bin/swift really a directory? I'd expect it to be
> just a shell script invoking swift.bin (after possibly setting
> up some environment).

Tomas,
You are right. Sorry I jumped to that conclusion. The script is only 12
lines, it sets up some defaults and finally attempts to exec swift.bin

> > Either way, it runs under Arch on this box, but not under Debian.
>
> Hmmm. "it" meaning the very same file, i.e. Arch and Debian share a
> file system? Or a copy of the file?
>
> If the last is the case, could you compare their checksums, i.e.
>
>   sha1sum /opt/swift/bin/swift.bin
Ok, will do, but it might be a few hours. RL is intruding here.

Thanks much.

--
When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.
Willoughby Ohio