Re: The same environment variables everywhere
- Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 23:45:27 -0500
- From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: The same environment variables everywhere
>> I would like to hear some ideas on how to set various environment
>> variables (PATH, MANPATH, EDITOR etc.) in one place that would make them
>> effective everywhere. My "everywhere" means:
>> - X session started through lightdm and ~/.xsession script
>> - Linux console login (bash)
>> - user's systemd services
> Put them into /etc/environment.
I haven't re-tried recently, but last time:
- It never worked for me.
- It can't hold user-specific settings.
- It can't *compute* a setting.