Web lists-archives.com

Re: "Invalid arch-independent ELF magic" in grub after SSD migration

Tixy wrote:
At the very least, Ubuntu would cause writes to the SSD due to things
like superblock updates for mount time and count, and possibly access
timestamps in file inodes. But if it's a GUI desktop live CD, I wouldn't
be surprised if there wasn't background file indexing and thumbnailing
tasks running too, writing who knows what to the filesystem.

I badly hope you are right, for two reasons:

1) the copy this time would work (sysrescuecd)
2) much more important, there would be yet another good reason to call Ubuntu names :)

cmp is running just now, it started a few minutes ago and it will take about 2 hours. No errors reported until now. I'll let you know the results.