Re: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 09:40:38 +0200
- From: Vincent Bernat <bernat@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH
❦ 19 mai 2019 23:53 -04, Sam Hartman <hartmans@xxxxxxxxxx>: > >> As promised, I'd like to start a discussion on whether we want to > >> recommend using the dh command from debhelper as our preferred > >> build system. > > Sean> For those who haven't seen it, the original author of dh, Joey > Sean> Hess, has just published a blog post relevant to the > Sean> discussion we're having: > > I've read the blog post. > > I think Joey's points are very consistent with our discussion here. Is there an example of a package where dh cannot be used? Making 96% of packages simpler and 4% of packages moderately more complex seems to be a good argument to uniformize our packaging practices towards dh. -- Use the fundamental control flow constructs. - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plauger)
Description: PGP signature
- Prev by Date: Bits from /me: A humble draft policy on "deep learning v.s. freedom"
- Next by Date: Re: Bits from /me: A humble draft policy on "deep learning v.s. freedom"
- Previous by thread: Re: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH
- Next by thread: Re: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH