Web lists-archives.com

Re: NMUs: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH

Enrico Zini writes ("Re: NMUs: Do we want to Require or Recommend DH"):
> I'd propose to recommend dh as the default build system, and document in
> README.source if there are reasons to use something else.
>
> At that point, one could look at README.source to see if changing build
> system would be an possible strategy for fixing bugs in an NMU.

This is a great idea.  Obviously such a policy/process change would
have to come with a significant lead time so that everyone would have
a chance to do an upload with an appropriate README.source.

Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   These opinions are my own.