Web lists-archives.com

Re: native packages? (Re: Introducting Debian Trends: historical graphs about Debian packaging practices, and "packages smells")

On 13.04.19 15:07, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 12:59:19PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
I see no point whatsoever in 3.0 (native).
What's the point/advantage of native packages?
No need to make a separate orig tarball.
Can't agree more, there are places where 3.0 (quilt|git|anything esls) don't make any sense, think about meta packages with no upstream tarball and such things.

And i wouldn't consider 1.0 bad or smelly, i use it on a regular base for git based builds in my experimental snapshots, it's simply the best format to do so (just put the new sources in and be done with)

Cheers Alf