Re: Handling Japanese new era "令和 (Reiwa)"
- Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 10:32:54 +0100
- From: Alastair McKinstry <alastair.mckinstry@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Handling Japanese new era "令和 (Reiwa)"
On 09/04/2019 02:18, Hideki Yamane wrote:
I've noticed that Japan renews its era from 平成 (Heisei) to 令和 (Reiwa) (U+32FF) at 1st May and it's necessary to update some packages to deal with it. > To Release Managers How do we handle with it for buster? (and stretch?) > Folks Some packages list to be updated as far as I know Please let me know if you've noticed more - unicode-data   https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=22964 (debian)$ LC_ALL=ja_JP.utf8 date +%EY -d 20190501 平成31年 (fedora)$ LC_ALL=ja_JP.utf8 date +%EY -d 20190501 令和元年  Unicode 12.1 contains "令和"
unicode-data in Buster is currently at 11.0.0; there being a major release upstream 12.0.0 just after Buster freeze.
I've uploaded 12.0.0 to unstable; 12.1 is not officially released yet. unicode-data itself is small and easy to validate, but the following packages will need to be rebuilt as they build-depend on unicode-data (and typically hard-code the tables internally):
-- Alastair McKinstry, email: alastair@xxxxxxxx, matrix: @alastair:sceal.ie Commander Vimes didn’t like the phrase “The innocent have nothing to fear,” believing the innocent had everything to fear, mostly from the guilty but in the longer term even more from those who say things like “The innocent have nothing to fear.” - T. Pratchett, Snuff
- Prev by Date: Re: PPAs (Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR))
- Next by Date: Bug#926951: ITP: python3-git-archive-all -- Archive repository with all its submodules
- Previous by thread: Work-needing packages report for Apr 12, 2019
- Next by thread: Re: Handling Japanese new era "令和 (Reiwa)"