[Prototype] DUPR 0.0c: Brand New Look and Feel
- Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 16:17:32 +0000
- From: Mo Zhou <lumin@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Prototype] DUPR 0.0c: Brand New Look and Feel
I'd like to present some significant changes to the DUPR prototype.
A helper library has been added to automatically generate debian/* from
shell variables. The HFT file or an auxiliary debian/ directory could
be used to override the default debian/* file templates.
Although my initial motivation didn't involve debian packaging
simplification, but I changed my mind ... And this simplification
approach seems not aggressive or radical at all.
After careful consideration, three versions of .durpkg templates are
* the default template
* the explict template doesn't generate debian/* files with the library
* the headonly template is simply a standard shell script, without any HFT cruft
As a result, the .durpkg file could be re-written in a much more elegant
manner. Some examples:
The last example is the shortest yet complete one -- only 25 lines.
Everyone is welcome to Comment, Try, or Join the DUPR.
 Hatless Folded Text (HFT), single-file spec that many people dislike