Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR)
- Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 06:49:10 +0000
- From: Mo Zhou <lumin@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR)
As you wish, I added a disclaimer to the toolkit, and replaced every
single "Debian" keyword in the repo with "D**ian", except for those
Everything included in this repository is totoally unrelated to the Debian
Project, or any OFFICIAL Debian development. Debian Project is not responsible
for any consequence resulted by utilization of the D**ian User Package
Repository Toolkit or any related .durpkg collections or single .durpkg files.
Please Take your own risk utilizing the toolkit, and please review every line
of code before execution.
I hereby emphasize that
* The idea of D**ian User Repository is TOTALLY UNRELATED TO OFFICIAL
* The Debian Project is unrelated and unresponsible for anything
* The D**ian User Repository stuff STRONGLY recommend every user to review
everything before execution.
* My initiative is JUST getting scutwork done, instead of introducing
any legal risk to the Debian Project.
This thread on -devel is still meaningful if any user wants to integrate
the basic and unofficial D**ian ... Toolkit into Debian.
However, to be as much cooperative as I can, if this thread is
considered to be toxic or off-topic, that means my immediate termination
of involvement in this thread.
On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 01:25:22AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I don't think this should have Debian in it's name at all. Fetching random
> code from Github and building it isn't what we're about.
> Scott K