Bug#926051: ITP: golang-github-jackmordaunt-icns -- Easily create .icns files (Mac Icons) with this Go library or the included CLI app.
- Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 00:19:40 +0100
- From: "Dawid Dziurla" <dawidd0811@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#926051: ITP: golang-github-jackmordaunt-icns -- Easily create .icns files (Mac Icons) with this Go library or the included CLI app.
Owner: Dawid Dziurla <dawidd0811@xxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : golang-github-jackmordaunt-icns
Version : 2.0.3-1
Upstream Author : Jack Mordaunt
* URL : https://github.com/jackmordaunt/icns
* License : Expat
Programming Lang: Go
Description : Easily create .icns files (Mac Icons) with this Go library or the included CLI app.
icns files allow for high resolution icons to make your apps look
sexy. The most common ways to generate icns files are: • iconutil, which
is a Mac native cli utility.• ImageMagick which adds a large dependency
to your project for such a simple use case. With this library you can
use pure Go to create icns files from any source image, given that you
can decode it into an image.Image, without any heavyweight dependencies
or subprocessing required. You can also use it to create icns files on
windows and linux (thanks Go).
A small CLI app icnsify is provided allowing you to create icns files
using this library from the command line. It supports piping, which is
something iconutil does not do, making it substantially easier to wrap
or chuck into a shell pipeline.