Bug#924285: ITP: vagrant-librarian-puppet -- A Vagrant plugin to install Puppet modules using Librarian-Puppet
- Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 20:41:21 -0400
- From: Gabriel Filion <gabster@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#924285: ITP: vagrant-librarian-puppet -- A Vagrant plugin to install Puppet modules using Librarian-Puppet
Owner: Gabriel Filion <gabster@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : vagrant-librarian-puppet
Version : 0.9.2
Upstream Author : Vox Pupuli
* URL : https://github.com/voxpupuli/vagrant-librarian-puppet
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: Ruby
Description : A Vagrant plugin to install Puppet modules using Librarian-Puppet
vagrant-librarian-puppet is a plugin for Vagrant that will automatically
run librarian-puppet before any provisioning step. It looks for a
Puppetfile in the configured directory and uses that file with
- This plugin automates management of module dependencies when testing
puppet modules, or simply when maintaining your local test VM for
day-to-day puppet development. I removes the need to remember to
install new modules with librarian-puppet after having pulled in
other people's changes on the Puppetfile.
- It is not a dependency for another package
- I so far use it for testing individual puppet modules that I
maintain, and to make it easier to test changes before committing. I
also intend to use it at work to reduce friction around keeping
modules up to date in the local dev VMs.
- I don't know of another package that provides such functionality.
It's also the only vagrant plugin that I know can help automate this.
- Since I'm not a DD or a DM, I am planning on asking a friend who is
a Debian Developer to help me out with shaping the package so that
it's acceptable for debian. I would then intend to ask the ruby
packaging team if they are willing to make this one of the team
packages and I would continue maintaining it through the team.