Re: Support status for isolation-machine feature from Debian Infra?
- Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:08:57 -0300
- From: Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Support status for isolation-machine feature from Debian Infra?
On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 11:08:54AM +0000, Mo Zhou wrote: > Hi folks, > > As we know the Debian CI Infrastructure, which runs autopkgtest upon > relevant package updates to help us improve distribution quality. > However, it still doesn't support the isolation-machine feature, which > associates to tests that require interaction with the kernel, such as > kernel module tests. > > zfs-linux has one of such tests. The test loads the zfs kernel module > and trys to do smoke tests such as creating zpools: > https://salsa.debian.org/zfsonlinux-team/zfs/blob/master/debian/tests/control#L1-2 > > For quite a long time debian CI keeps skipping this test, e.g. > https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/testing/amd64/z/zfs-linux/2068033/log.gz > > | kernel-smoke-test SKIP Test requires machine-level isolation but testbed does not provide that > | dkms-zfs-test PASS > > I have two questions given the background: > > (1) What is the support status for "isolation-machine" feature? It is supported in debci, but not yet on ci.debian.net because the workers there are VMs that don't support nested virtualization. There is no major blocker, I just need to find some time to do the work. > (2) Is it a good idea to write a test script, that manually sets up > a qemu VM then tests the module? (Such that we can get rid of the > isolation-machine restriction, and make Debian CI test the ZFS > kernel module) > > Or any better idea? > >  thanks to @zhsj for a hint: This can be implemented by setting > up a qemu VM with exported ssh port. No, it's not a good idea. In the long run you will be reinventing autopkgtest. Also, since the current workers don't supported nested virtualization, your qemu VM will be very slow.
Description: PGP signature
- Prev by Date: Re: Support status for isolation-machine feature from Debian Infra?
- Next by Date: Re: Please drop anacron from task-desktop
- Previous by thread: Re: Support status for isolation-machine feature from Debian Infra?
- Next by thread: Re: Support status for isolation-machine feature from Debian Infra?