Re: Bug#922643: ITP: build-alternative -- helper to build Debian package with diet libc
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 10:02:15 -0500
- From: Kris Deugau <kdeugau@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Bug#922643: ITP: build-alternative -- helper to build Debian package with diet libc
Dmitry Bogatov wrote:
[2019-02-21 00:00] Guillem Jover <guillem@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Mon, 2019-02-18 at 19:37:38 +0000, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:
Owner: Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : build-alternative
Version : 0.0.1
Upstream Author : Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Url : https://salsa.debian.org/kaction/build-alternative
* Licenses : GPL-3+
Programming Lang : shell
Section : devel
This package provide makefile snippet, that abstract away
several issues, related to building package with diet libc.
* diet libc is not supported on every Debian architecture
* code to check for build profiles is repetive
Regular users do not need to install this package, it is only
useful to Debian Contributors.
Hmm this package name looks extremely generic for what it is described
to be used for. Could you name it something else that includes either
dietlibc in its name or at least libc or similar?
I do not exclude, that it may include support for musl for future. I am
not sure, whether overly generic name now is worse then misleading
source package name in future.
Reading the description and the objections, maybe a name like