Re: toulbar2: What will happen if testing migration takes longer than removal from testing
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 12:29:46 +0100
- From: Thomas Schiex <thomas.schiex@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: toulbar2: What will happen if testing migration takes longer than removal from testing
Hi Thomas,My current (partial) understanding is that TexLive/LaTeX is broken (not doxygen): TeXlive provides the tabu LaTeX package (https://ctan.org/pkg/tabu) that doxygen uses but this tabu package does not work anymore in TeXlive (not only for doxygen, but for all tabu users). See #920621/#921272 saying that "upstream is working on it". Probably this will not be fast as the README.md of tabu on CTAN says:Dear Andreas, Thanks for taking care of toulbar2. I did spend some time to try to go around this #920459 bug but even a postprocessing of the LaTeX output of doxygen (removing inclusion of the xcolor package that generates the LaTeX compilation issue) did not work (another bug popped up, that was apparently already met by other people using doxygen using the same TexLive update but I found no workaround).I think doxygen is severly broken and just skipping refman.pdf (finally users can read other format) the only safe solution to keep the package in. I added several FIXMEs to get it back for Buster+1.
The original author of tabu appears out of contact, and tabu had not been updated for several years, finally becoming unusable in 2019 as updates to other packages mean some of its patched code did not work as intended.
Getting rid of the PDF output as you suggest for eg. HTML is
- Prev by Date: Re: toulbar2: What will happen if testing migration takes longer than removal from testing
- Next by Date: Bug#922689: ITP: lscolors -- Colorize paths using the LS_COLORS environment variable
- Previous by thread: Re: toulbar2: What will happen if testing migration takes longer than removal from testing
- Next by thread: Processed (with 1 error): your mail