Bug#920262: ITP: prometheus-postfix-exporter -- Prometheus exporter for Postfix mail servers
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 10:53:46 +0000
- From: Daniel Swarbrick <daniel.swarbrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#920262: ITP: prometheus-postfix-exporter -- Prometheus exporter for Postfix mail servers
Owner: Daniel Swarbrick <daniel.swarbrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : prometheus-postfix-exporter
Version : 0.1.2
Upstream Author : Bart Vercoulen <bartv@xxxxxxxxx>, Ed Schouten
* URL : https://github.com/kumina/postfix_exporter
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Go
Description : Prometheus exporter for Postfix mail servers
Prometheus exporter which scrapes the systemd journal of Postfix MTA
daemons to expose various metrics such as SMTP connection counts,
message delivery statuses / delays etc. The exporter also connects to
Postfix's admin Unix socket to obtain metrics about messages currently
in the queue.
This package is useful for monitoring the health / throughput of Postfix
mail servers, since Postfix does not natively offer a Prometheus metrics
endpoint. This exporter has a slight advantage over the mtail log parser
approach, since it connects to the Postfix admin socket also.
I plan to maintain this with the long-term assistance of the Debian Go
packaging team. Benjamin Drung (bdrung@xxxxxxxxxx) will sponsor me for
the upload of this package.