Bug#919904: ITP: interimap -- Fast bidirectional synchronization for QRESYNC-capable IMAP servers
- Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 17:26:02 +0100
- From: Guilhem Moulin <guilhem@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#919904: ITP: interimap -- Fast bidirectional synchronization for QRESYNC-capable IMAP servers
Package: wnpp Severity: wishlist Owner: Guilhem Moulin <guilhem@xxxxxxxxxx> * Package name : interimap Version : 0.4 Upstream Author : Guilhem Moulin <guilhem@xxxxxxxxxxx> * URL : https://git.guilhem.org/interimap/about/ * License : GPL-3+ Programming Lang: Perl Description : Fast bidirectional synchronization for QRESYNC-capable IMAP servers InterIMAP performs stateful bi-directional synchronization between two IMAP4rev1 servers. Compared to the so-called "full" synchronization solutions, InterIMAP is both much faster and parsimonious in network traffic. Stateful synchronization is made possible by the QRESYNC extension from [RFC7162]; for convenience reasons servers must also support LIST-EXTENDED [RFC5258], LIST-STATUS [RFC5819] and UIDPLUS [RFC4315]. Furthermore, while InterIMAP can work with servers lacking support for LITERAL+ [RFC2088] and MULTIAPPEND [RFC3502], these extensions greatly improve performance by reducing the number of required round trips and it thus strongly recommended to use a server supporting these. The COMPRESS=DEFLATE extension from [RFC4978] is used opportunistically on remote capable servers, to further limit network traffic. See also https://guilhem.org/man/interimap.1.html . -- Guilhem.
Description: PGP signature
- Prev by Date: Re: Q: Debcheck warning "Package declares a build time dependency on debhelper-compat (= 12) which cannot be satisfied on $arch"
- Next by Date: Bug#919906: ITP: pullimap -- Pull mails from an IMAP mailbox and deliver them via SMTP or LMTP
- Previous by thread: Re: Google Summer of Code 2019
- Next by thread: Bug#919906: ITP: pullimap -- Pull mails from an IMAP mailbox and deliver them via SMTP or LMTP