Bug#919278: ITP: golang-github-pquerna-ffjson -- faster JSON serialization for Go
- Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 07:18:37 -0500 (EST)
- From: "Reinhard Tartler" <siretart@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#919278: ITP: golang-github-pquerna-ffjson -- faster JSON serialization for Go
Owner: Reinhard Tartler <siretart@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : golang-github-pquerna-ffjson
Version : 0.0~git20181028.e517b90-1
Upstream Author : Paul Querna
* URL : https://github.com/pquerna/ffjson
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Go
Description : faster JSON serialization for Go
ffjson: faster JSON for Go Build Status
ffjson generates static MarshalJSON and UnmarshalJSON functions for
structures in Go. The generated functions reduce the reliance upon runtime
reflection to do serialization and are generally 2 to 3 times faster.
In cases where ffjson doesn't understand a Type involved, it falls back to
encoding/json, meaning it is a safe drop in replacement. By using ffjson
your JSON serialization just gets faster with no additional code changes.
This package is going to be team maintained on salsa at
This is my first golang package, so additional set of eyeballs would be
appreciated. This package is a build-dependency of github.com/containers/image,
which in turns is required for skopeo (#880199).