Bug#917787: ITP: cl-named-readtables -- Common Lisp library that creates namespaces for named readtables
- Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 11:53:16 +0100
- From: Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#917787: ITP: cl-named-readtables -- Common Lisp library that creates namespaces for named readtables
Owner: Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : cl-named-readtables
Version : 20180121.git985b162
Upstream Author : Gábor Melis <mega@xxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://github.com/melisgl/named-readtables
* License : BSD-3-clause
Programming Lang: Common Lisp
Description : Common Lisp library that creates namespaces for named readtables
Named-Readtables is a library that provides a namespace for readtables akin to
the already-existing namespace of packages in Common Lisp. In particular:
- you can associate readtables with names, and retrieve readtables by names;
- you can associate source files with readtable names, and be sure that the
right readtable is active when compiling/loading the file;
- similarly, your development environment now has a chance to automatically
determine what readtable should be active while processing source forms on
interactive commands. (E.g. think of `C-c C-c` in Slime (yet to be done))
It follows that Named-Readtables is a facility for using readtables in
a localized way.
Additionally, it also attempts to become a facility for using
readtables in a modular way. In particular:
- it provides a macro to specify the content of a readtable at a glance;
- it makes it possible to use multiple inheritance between readtables.
This package is a new dependency of cl-interpol.
It will be maintained within the Debian Common Lisp Team.