Bug#915656: ITP: siconos -- modeling and simulation of nonsmooth dynamical systems
- Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 17:11:29 +0100
- From: Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#915656: ITP: siconos -- modeling and simulation of nonsmooth dynamical systems
Owner: Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1@xxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : siconos
Version : 4.2.0+git20181026.0ee5349
Upstream Author : Siconos development team <siconos-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* URL : http://siconos.gforge.inria.fr
* License : Apache
Programming Lang: C, C++, Python
Description : modeling and simulation of nonsmooth dynamical systems
Siconos is an open-source scientific software primarily targeted at
modeling and simulating nonsmooth dynamical systems in C++ and in
* Mechanical systems (rigid or solid) with unilateral contact and
Coulomb friction and impact (nonsmooth mechanics, contact dynamics,
multibody systems dynamics or granular materials).
* Switched Electrical Circuit such as electrical circuits with ideal
and piecewise linear components: power converter, rectifier,
Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) or Analog-to-Digital converter.
* Sliding mode control systems.
* Biology (Gene regulatory network).
Other applications are found in Systems and Control (hybrid systems,
differential inclusions, optimal control with state constraints),
Optimization (Complementarity systems and Variational inequalities),
Fluid Mechanics, and Computer Graphics.
I propose this package for maintenance under the Debian Science team,
of which I am a guest member, and I plan to continue maintaining this
package for the foreseeable future.