Bug#915040: ITP: python3-socketio-realtime-server -- Python implementation of the Socket.IO realtime server
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 16:24:17 -0200
- From: "Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)" <phls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#915040: ITP: python3-socketio-realtime-server -- Python implementation of the Socket.IO realtime server
Owner: "Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)" <phls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : python3-socketio-realtime-server
Version : 2.1.0
Upstream Author : Miguel Grinberg <miguelgrinberg50@xxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://github.com/miguelgrinberg/python-socketio
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Python implementation of the Socket.IO realtime server
This socketio was implemented to work with flask-socketio.
It has these features:
Socket.IO clients, plus any third party clients that comply with the
* Compatible with Python 2.7 and Python 3.3+.
* Supports large number of clients even on modest hardware when used with
an asynchronous server based on asyncio (sanic, aiohttp or tornado),
eventlet or gevent. For development and testing, any WSGI compliant
multi-threaded server can also be used.
* Includes a WSGI middleware that integrates Socket.IO traffic with
standard WSGI applications.
* Broadcasting of messages to all connected clients, or to subsets of
them assigned to "rooms".
* Optional support for multiple servers, connected through a messaging
queue such as Redis or RabbitMQ.
* Send messages to clients from external processes, such as Celery workers
or auxiliary scripts.
* Event-based architecture implemented with decorators that hides the
details of the protocol.
* Support for HTTP long-polling and WebSocket transports.
* Support for XHR2 and XHR browsers.
* Support for text and binary messages.
* Support for gzip and deflate HTTP compression.
* Configurable CORS responses, to avoid cross-origin problems with
I am packaging this software because it is a dependency for flask-socketio,
and flask-socketio is a dependency to kytos, that it will package soon.