Bug#914601: ITP: triod-postnaja -- Latin+Cyrillic font based on Old Church Slavonic service books
- Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 16:33:29 +0100
- From: Adam Borowski <kilobyte@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#914601: ITP: triod-postnaja -- Latin+Cyrillic font based on Old Church Slavonic service books
Owner: Adam Borowski <kilobyte@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : triod-postnaja
Version : 20130809
Upstream Author : Daniel Johnson
* URL : https://fontlibrary.org/en/font/triod-postnaja 
* License : SIL OFL 1.1
Programming Lang: sfd
Description : Latin+Cyrillic font based on Old Church Slavonic service books
Triod Postnaja attempts to mimic the typefaces used to publish Old Church
Slavonic service books prior to the 20th century. It also provides a
range of Latin letters in the same style, sufficient for the needs of
central, northern and western European languages.
Unlike most Old Church Slavonic fonts that provide Latin ranges, this
font imitates the uncial style, especially in lowercase letters with
ascenders or descenders. Triod Postnaja is something of a
stylistic mishmash of various period styles — those seeking a more
period-authentic face for setting Church Slavonic should have a look
at other fonts such as Hirmos Ponomar.
. That's just a random font collection site, but it's where the author's
fonts page (http://danieljohnson.name/fonts) points to.