Bug#914302: ITP: liblingua-en-sentence-perl -- Perl module to split text into sentences
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 20:55:10 +0100
- From: Florian Schlichting <fsfs@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#914302: ITP: liblingua-en-sentence-perl -- Perl module to split text into sentences
Owner: Florian Schlichting <fsfs@xxxxxxxxxx>
X-Debbugs-CC: debian-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, debian-perl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* Package name : liblingua-en-sentence-perl
Version : 0.31
Upstream Author : Kim Ryan <kimryan at cpan org>
* URL : https://metacpan.org/release/Lingua-EN-Sentence
* License : Artistic or GPL-1+
Programming Lang: Perl
Description : Perl module to split text into sentences
The Lingua::EN::Sentence module contains the function get_sentences, which
splits text into its constituent sentences, based on a regular expression and
a list of abbreviations (built in and given).
Certain well know exceptions, such as abbreviations, may cause incorrect
segmentations. But some of them are already integrated into this code and are
being taken care of. Still, if you see that there are words causing the
get_sentences function to fail, you can add those to the module, so it
The package will be maintained under the umbrella of the Debian Perl Group.
Generated with the help of dpt-gen-itp(1) from pkg-perl-tools.