Bug#912735: ITP: dnsperf -- DNS server and recursor performance testing tools
- Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 10:45:54 +0100
- From: Stefan Nachtnebel <stefan.nachtnebel@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#912735: ITP: dnsperf -- DNS server and recursor performance testing tools
Owner: Stefan Nachtnebel <stefan.nachtnebel@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : dnsperf
Version : 22.214.171.124
Upstream Author : Nominum, Inc. (now Akamai)
* URL : https://www.akamai.com/uk/en/products/network-operator/measurement-tools.jsp
* License : Apache License 2.0
Programming Lang: C, Python
Description : DNS server and recursor performance testing tools
dnsperf is a DNS server performance testing tool. It is primarily intended
for measuring the performance of authoritative DNS servers, but it can also
be used for measuring caching server performance in a closed laboratory
environment. For testing caching servers resolving against the live
Internet, the resperf program is preferred.
Currently, there are no other packages providing dns performance testing tools.
Co-maintainers are welcome, but not needed.
I would need a sponsor.
A RFP for this software has already been filed, but has been archived due to inactivity.