Bug#912257: ITP: eclipse-jdt-ui -- User interface for the Eclipse Java IDE
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 17:52:48 +0100
- From: Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#912257: ITP: eclipse-jdt-ui -- User interface for the Eclipse Java IDE
Owner: Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : eclipse-jdt-ui
Version : 3.7.3
Upstream Author : Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
* URL : https://www.eclipse.org/jdt/ui/
* License : EPL-1.0
Programming Lang: Java
Description : User interface for the Eclipse Java IDE
Eclipse JDT UI implements the user interface for the Java IDE. It provides
several workbench contributions for viewing and manipulating Java code:
* Package Explorer View - shows the Java element tree as defined
by a project's build class path
* Type Hierarchy View - shows the sub- and supertype hierarchies
* Java Outline View - shows the structure of a Java compilation unit
or class file
* Java Browsing Perspecitve - allows navigating the Java model using
separate views for projects, packages, types and memebers.
* Wizards for creating Java elements - Java project, package, class,
* Java Editor - syntax coloring, content specific code assist, code
resolve, method level edit, import assistance, quick fix and quick
In addition to these workbench elements the following functions are provided:
* Refactoring support - Extract Method, Safe Rename and Moving with
reference updates, Self Encapsulate Field etc.
* Java searching - find declarations of and/or references to packages,
types, methods, and fields, scoped to the workspace, a working set,
or the current selection.
* Java aware structured compare - determine and present changes to
individual Java methods. It supports to replace individual Java elements
with a version of an element from the local history.
This package will be maintained by the Java Team. It's required
to transition away from the old src:eclipse package.