Package deb with shared library
- Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:36:12 +0000
- From: Damir Porobic <damir_porobic@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Package deb with shared library
I was not sure to which Mailing list my question belongs so I'm writing here, if I should use a different list, let me know.
Currently I'm trying to create a .deb package for my Application and I'm kind of stuck with packaging a shared library that I use. The shared library is not available via any public repository, so it can't be installed
the usual way, but it's open source and I build it from source and install before I package the application. It's installed under
I was able to build the .deb package but when I install it on a machine, it fails to start with the message that it was not able to find my shared library.
Is there a way to deploy my shared library with the .deb package without my shared library being available on public repos? If yes, could you point me to an example?
Thanks in advance!
- Prev by Date: Re: tinysshd dependency on systemd
- Next by Date: Re: Fw: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Previous by thread: Bug#911563: ITP: pystemd - Cython-based wrapper on top of libsystemd
- Next by thread: Re: Package deb with shared library