Bug#909908: ITP: libpam-net -- create/join network namespaces at login
- Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 21:42:04 +0200
- From: Daniel Gröber <deb@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#909908: ITP: libpam-net -- create/join network namespaces at login
Owner: Daniel Gröber <deb@xxxxxxx>
* Package name : libpam-net
Version : 0.1
Upstream Author : Renzo Davoli, Eduard Caizer University of Bologna <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://github.com/rd235/libpam-net
* License : GPL2
Programming Lang: C
Description : create/join network namespaces at login
libpam-net allows users to be joined into a network-namespace at login. It
implements two pam modules:
- pam_newnet.so: users belonging to the 'newnet' group get a new network
namespace at login.
- pam_usernet.so users belonging to the 'usernet' group get their own network
namespace at login. If a network namespace having the same name as the username
exists, pam runs the user shell in that namespace. If such a namespace does not
exist, it is created during the login process.
I belive such functionality does not currently exist in Debian. It can
be quite useful however. For example I use it to have a seperate users
who's network access is always forced though a VPN or Tor.
I have started to package libpam-net here:
I plan on maintaining this package myself, I do not expect this to be
too much work as the it is extremely simple (300 LoC).
I need a sponsor.